Please Pray for the CDG National Conference!
As most of you know, I’ve been interning with Children Desiring God this semester. We’re an organization that publishes and distributes God-centered resources for Sunday school/midweek programs to churches worldwide. We’re about to put on our bi-annual national conference at Grace Church, Eden Prairie (just a few days to go…April 30-May 2…and we’re setting up tomorrow, Wed, April 29!)! It’s been really crazy at CDG lately, but God has been so good to us and we’re excited for the amazing things that He’s going to accomplish through this event. Roughly 165 volunteers will greet, usher, register, drive vans, present seminars, explain the CDG curriculum, set-up, lead worship, pray for and interact with the attendees, as well as serve behind the scenes, working IT, blogging, etc. at the conference!
Here’s some info about the conference as well as some ways you can be praying for us, particularly Thurs-Sat. I hope this is not too much information for you…feel free to skim it and pray as you feel led. 🙂
– The point of these conferences is to give children’s ministry leaders a place to be refreshed in Christ and encouraged in their ministries. We take three days to unpack a theological truth, which we hope will become more than head knowledge…we want it to revolutionize the way that children’s ministry workers across the nation do ministry
– Our conference theme is “Our Glorious God,” an expression of the centrality of God in all things. Our conference verse is Romans 11:36: “For from Him and through Him and to Him are ALL things. To Him be the glory, forever!” We pray that all our attendees would seek to worship God as the center of all things at this conference. We want them to have a vision for the bigness of God to take back to their ministry contexts; to know that He is sufficient for whatever problems they face in their ministries
– Our plenary speakers are John Piper, Bruce Ware, Paul Tripp, and David Michael. Pray that the Lord would bless their preparations and use them as His vessels! John Piper is scheduled to speak on Thursday evening and he isn’t feeling well. Please pray particularly that God would heal his body so that he will be ready to communicate effectively on Thursday night!
– We have 23 seminar speakers giving 37 different presentations! Pray that God would minister to the attendees through the seminar speakers so that they will be better equipped with resources and truth to glorify Him in their various ministry contexts
– Pray 1 Thessalonians 2:13 on behalf of all of our presenters: “And we also thank God constantly for this, that when you received the word of God, which you heard from us, you accepted it not as the word of men but as what it really is, the word of God, which is at work in you believers.” Pray that our presenters would seek God’s words and wisdom faithfully, and that each one of the 1,000+ attendees/volunteers would receive it as such
– Pray that God would give each of the volunteers clarity of mind so that they can do their jobs with undistracted excellence for His glory!
– Pray that the attendees would see Christ in each of the volunteers and be encouraged by that witness
Thanks a ton for praying! I’ll do my best to give y’all a conference update sometime next week. 🙂