We had a great time in CO! Thanks so much for praying for us. I will try to write this update chronologically, and in bullet points. We’ll see how it goes. =) There were several prayer requests that came out of this trip that I will put at the end of this update.
– The tourney went pretty good. We didn’t play very well on Thursday, but we ended on a good note with two good games on Friday. We ended up 13th in the nation…not as good as we hoped but we had fun! And I have officially retired from the MN Royals. It’s sooo strange to be done after 11 years! God really blessed my years on the Royals
– From Denver we drove to CO Springs and spent two days there. On the way we visited the Ochua’s, a family that my dad got to know through work. We had a good time with them. Once in CO Springs, we visited Garden of the Gods, the Air Force Academy, a rodeo museum, and hung out at our motel. The weather was great (time to break out the shorts and t-shirts…oh yeah! =D)
– We ended our vacation with a short visit to our cousin’s house in NE. It was a great time of fellowship with them! We also got to see our little cousin Carson (age 1) who we hadn’t seen for a while
– We usually take several copies of “Seeing and Savoring Jesus Christ”, by John Piper, whenever we go on family vacations. We gave quite a few copies away on this trip. We gave a copy to a homeless man in Denver, several waiters and waitresses, a security worker at the Air Force Academy, and a worker at our hotel in CO Springs. Pray that they will read it and that God will grip their souls
– We met a family in CO Springs and ended up spending quite a bit of time with them. We had a lot of fun getting to know them better. They lived in Germany and they’ve been back here in the States for 6 years. They’re waiting for their Visas so they can get back to Germany. Anyhow, we also gave them an S&S book and plan to staying in touch via email. Please pray for George and Diane and their kids, Lisa, Sarah, Timmy, and Jimmy, that they will be deeply affected by S&S, and that they will get their Visas soon so they can get back home
– Pray that we would be able to get some of the Royals back together this summer and that I would speak the gospel to them with boldness
Thanks again for praying! I might post pics later, but I can’t make any promises. =)